Do you enjoy the challenge of supporting and inspiring people and businesses to grow and achieve their goals?
At Hallidays, we’re not your average accountants, we’re business advisors first – accountants second. With client and team happiness scores consistently above 90% we’re a friendly and proactive bunch that support and inspire our clients and team to grow.
We’ve been shortlisted for Employer of the Year 2018, featured in The UK’s Best Accountancy Practices, and in 2010 were awarded Medium Firm of the Year. We’ve got to where we are by hiring people like this – and creating the perfect environment in which they can be their best.
Grow with us
We are seeking to recruit a professional and personable Corporate Tax Senior to support growth within our Special Projects Tax team in Stockport.
The Special Projects tax department provides taxation advisory service to its mainly corporate clients along with advisory tax support to the Corporate Finance team.
Reporting directly to the Special Projects Tax Director and Corporate Finance Director, the role will also involve direct interaction with all accounts and audit Directors, practising in all disciplines within the firm. The role will be client facing from an early stage.
If this sounds like a role you can do, then we would love to hear from you!
- A passion for providing exceptional client service;
- Exceptional UK corporate tax knowledge;
- An awareness of other tax and accounting areas from within a reputable practice;
- Experience of working with SME businesses on complex tax matters;
- Experience of delivery within M&A projects including but not exhaustively capital reduction demergers, corporate group restructures, MBO/MBI step planning;
- Must be professionally qualified in tax, CTA or equivalent.
- High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues in a collaborative and creative way;
- Experience and knowledge of IHT, Capital Gains Tax, VAT and other wider taxes;
- Training experience for more junior team members;
- Able to work as part of a team in a growing department and firm;
- The initiative to drive projects forward.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making;
- Provide a holistic ‘life cycle’ approach to clients;
- Assist clients with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and achieving best corporate tax practices;
- Support, and on occasions lead, one off bespoke special project tax work for clients;
- Co-ordinate the advice from external experts including firms within our international network;
- Liaise with HMRC, clients and third parties as necessary;
- Support the Corporate Finance department on the tax and structural side of Merger and Acquisition transactions;
- Provide tax structuring and tax due diligence services on a wide range of transactions;
- Be involved in Tax investigation services;
- Take a lead role in the support, development and coaching of more junior members of our growing team;
- Provide training on Corporate Taxation to audit and accounts teams;
- Partake in team key performance indicator setting and monthly measurement;
- Gain an introduction to business development, including responsibility for developing relationships with clients and understanding their business;
- Help to identify tax planning opportunities and areas for the provision of other services.
- Growth – When we say you’ll grow with us, we mean it. We offer bespoke business advisory internal training and opportunities for personal and professional development whenever you want it.
- Most up to date systems - Our digital transformation never ends giving you and our clients the best systems to make all our lives easier.
- Have a voice! Our inclusive culture ensures that everyone does.
- Client care - Clients love working with our innovative teams whose focus is on helping them to grow - our monthly client happiness scores are regularly over 97%.
- Flexi hours - as standard, and our regular team social events and purpose-built offices offer a dynamic and inspiring working environment.
If you’d like to work with our friendly team then we look forward to hearing from you. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. It’ll be the best move you’ve ever made.