Branding: The final Frontier
Stuart is the guest presenter of our Business AM event, ‘Growth through Marketing’. His business, Trust Brand Communications supports businesses with their branding. In this blog, Stuart shares how branding should be approached like Star Trek.
Stuart explains, first you need to understand your brand. In a nutshell:
- Brand is what people think and say about your business. Your reputation
- Branding is your logo, colours, and typeface
When you understand your brand you can create your Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Vision = Where you want to get to
- Mission = How you will get there
- Values = How you will act on the mission
This is where Star Trek comes in. Star Trek had great Vision, Mission, and Values. And they communicated it so memorably and perfectly…
“Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.”
- Their Vision = To boldly go where no one has gone before
- Their Mission = To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations
- Their Values = To be bold. To Explore. To embrace diversity.
Once you have this clarity you are ready to work with experts to design branding and marketing that communicate your messages effectively and grow your business.
If you would like support with your branding, you can learn more about Trust Brand Communications by visiting https://madewithtrust.co.uk/.
Guest blog by Stuart Bradley, a director at Trust Branding Communications.
(First published by Trust Brand Communications: May 2016)
Source: Star Trek opening narrative is the combined efforts of: Samuel Peeples, Gene Roddenberry, John D. F. Black and Bob Justman with CBS Corporation and Paramount Pictures
Posted 22nd January 2020